Announcing the Studio 124 Short-Term Artist Residency at Project Artaud
Project Artaud, a long established artists live work building, is a non-profit organization providing affordable space for artists and arts organizations. Project Artaud houses groups such as Z Space Theater, Z Below, Joe Goode Performance Group and Theatre of Yugen.
True to our mission to support the work of artists and foster communication between artists and the community, Project Artaud is pleased to offer an affordable studio space in San Francisco's Mission District for short-term art projects. Proposals are now being accepted from visual artists, theater groups, musicians and writers in need of a space to perform or realize a project.
Studio 124 can be used for private or public events, including dance, music, or theatrical productions, poetry readings, and art exhibitions. It is also suited for use in the fabrication of sculpture, as a painting studio, or as a rehearsal studio.
General Studio Information:
• Studio 124 is 1,300 square feet of raw, but clean industrial space.
• 27’ ceiling with beams suitable for rigging.
• Column free open floor plan.
• (2) ½ ton swinging I-beams, one with working crane.
• Overhead work lights
• (4) 20 amp stage pin tie-ins to (4) 20 amp breakers
• (1) 220 volt outlet, (1) 120 volt four plex outlet and (1) 120 volt two plex outlet
The residency period will be for a minimum of 1 month, and a maximum of 3 months.
Rental rates and other charges vary based on usages. The base rate is $1700 per month plus a cleaning fee of $60.00. Additional charges apply for public events.
Additional rental available for theater lighting, cable, box truss and chain hoist.
Proposals should include the following:
1. Letter of intent outlining your specific interest in using Studio 124.
2. A statement describing the activity being planned for the period of the residency, e.g. a performance, art exhibition, workshops/classes, or other public events, etc.
3. A detailed schedule.
4. Artists Bio(s)
5. The specific dates of your residency request.
As a community, we are excited to offer the unique space to the Bay Area Arts Community.
Please email your proposal to Lizzy Spicuzza,